Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fires..Record High Temps.. No ac.. AND pregnant

Well the past few weeks, 2/3 of the southwest states have gone up in flames including like 5 within a 20 minute drive from me. From the craziest reasons too.. a garbage man picking up a dumpster and a spark ignites and lights everything up, a gun shot hitting a rock and sparking, and of course, a someone throwing a cigarette out their window. I can only imagine what is going to happen during the 4th of July when all the geniuses that live in this wonderful city go act like well.. geniuses. On top of all these fires Utah is having record heat highs. It was 104 at 6 pm the other night. I have never seen that in my 4 years of living here. Ugh it's hot. I suppose it won't be so hard to convince Brandon that 10 degrees more is not big deal and we can just go live in Mesa!! YAY!! (I wish). 

Well having all this hot weather makes me just want to sit inside all day. Awesomely enough, our AC is out. And not just out, but out for about 2 weeks now.. ordering parts and such takes a long time. So our land lord came over the other day and flipped off a bunch of breakers and turned everything off in our house. When I got home, the fridge was leaking all over the floor and surprise!! It's broken!! Everything in there is room temp and it smells so bad when we open it. It's gross. There is zero relief from this hot weather anywhere. So, I decided I should get out of the house and head to a lake.. Turns out Utah hates dogs and they are not allowed even out of a car near the lakes.. so much for that. Not to mention I keep getting told to stay out of the lake and avoid bacteria that can harm the baby. So no fun for pregnant mom here in Utah. Luckily, I can pretty easily convince Brandon to come places like hobby lobby with me. Anything to get out of this apartment. 

Other things that have happened this past week:
  • I keep feeling those little flutters, pretty sure it's baby Jax but no way to tell for sure.
  • Jess and Brad's birth mom had the baby last night at 3:30 am. Yay for baby Ruby! Can't wait to meet her! Holy lots of hair!! I hope Jaxon get's those same kind of genes!!
  • Still house hunting.. or at least at this point it's apartment hunting.. Obama is still in the white house.. doesn't inspire much confidence in the economy here. Awesomely enough, our dog is a restricted breed, so where pets are allowed, huskies are not. Go figure. --Anyone want a dog? :)
  • I officially hit the half way point in the pregnancy. Hooray!! 
  • I made my first craft for Jaxon's nursery. I just want to buy and craft things like crazy. 
  • Anyone know anyone in Utah who wants a photo shoot? Prices are ridiculous just because I want to get out there again!! 
And for updates on baby Jaxon:

 
Week 20 HALF Way There!! Holy cow, it’s already the 5-MONTH mark. Can’t believe you’re only 20 weeks away from being in our LIVES. Time to start COLLECTING things for your cute room! GRANDMA Killian is working on your first baby QUILT. Everyone is so excited to meet you. Cousin RUBY was born this week! I keep feeling more and more little TAPS! I hope they are from YOU!

Facts: You’re the size of a banana and eating more and more amniotic fluid to help you grow bigger and bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment